Monday, March 21, 2011

Return to simplicity









It is a strange world I live in. To be able to go from sunny colourful and chaotic Mexico to the serenity and simplicity of the Gaspe is crazy. And yet that is what I have done. I am back up north in this beautiful place to witness the slow break up of the ice on the river and the purity of snow, light and line. This time we are working our way up the north coast all the way up to Cap Chat. Each turn reveals another bay which depending on the wind is filled with huge blocks of ice which are enormous, sculptural and majestic. Different hues of pinks and blues or like today and steely gray punctuated with small pools of water. I am looking for the visual gaps of what I missed on my last trip. The details one finds here only at this time of the year. Spring is slowly raising its head and strange objects are emerging out of the snow just the way my flowers emerge out of the darkness. We have access to one of the most beautiful places in the world right here in our backyard... you must come and see........

No comments:

Post a Comment