Tuesday, March 22, 2011

From white to white to white
















One of the things that really strikes me here is the way the sky and the land and the sea meld into each other. Visually it is exciting to try to distinguish where a horizon line begins and ends. Actually, it doesn't really exist. I imagine if I lived here this whiteness would get me down, but to photograph it is very special. The skies are immense as they are out in the prairies. It is very graphic and minimal visually. The light is diffused and soft but fascinating. It is almost hard to see as it is so white.....the tide goes out and then there are rocks visable but there are also chunks of ice..It is very particular to this area. Your eyes are confronted each day with new variations, sometimes subtle but nevertheless significant.. one only needs to have the time to observe....which I do....

No comments:

Post a Comment