Monday, February 28, 2011

Photos Everywhere

I am writing you from Oaxaca Mexico. It is warm and sunny here and it is one of my favourite places. Each time I arrive I immediately go to the zocolo which is the main square and sit and watch life unfold. I drink a special hot chocolate that is only made here and eat a tortilla soup. Every two minutes I am asked by a woman or child to buy a placemat, a necklace or shawl. A guitarist plays a song called Oaxaca Oaxaca very badly and the balloon sellers convince every parent that walks by to buy one for their child. It has been the same for the last ten years, and it is comforting to know that it hasn't changed. I know I have arrived.

Today I spent my time wandering and rediscovering the colourful walls, the extraordinary light at the end of the day and the fabulous margaritas.. There are many photos to be made. I look forward to the next few days.






No comments:

Post a Comment