Monday, January 24, 2011

Can't sleep

Today was an incredible day.. The snow fell, the wind blew and I felt like I was seeing the world through a sheer white screen. The snow floated across the road and then built itself up to a gust which almost carried me across the road.. It was so exciting to photograph..I felt like I was part of a whirling tornado and I could feel the energy. I prepared my exposures in the car and then jumped out ready for a fight. But it was worth it... It made for really exciting images full of force and movement.. it was so thrilling that I couldn't sleep from the excitement.. It is so beautiful here. The light is special and the expansive skies over the water change every 5 minutes. I can understand how one can get attached to this place.







1 comment:

  1. sitting in Vancouver, am reminded of Quebec.....the vivid recollection of snow blowing across the road perfectly captured. Fabulous evocation of winter.

    safe trip, Hart Price

    ps When you get to Metis Beach, would love your take on the summer community all shuttered up!

    ReplyDelete